The Aquilo experience
Why recover with Aquilo?
The Aquilo cryo-compression system delivers you the best out of two worlds, by combining the benefits of passive compression and cryotherapy. Our unique product creates the optimal temperature and compression conditions for your body to kick off its recovery process faster and better. With cryotherapy being the only scientifically proven method to work on both blood flow and muscles, we guarantee you the best possible muscle recovery after your work out.
To learn more about how Aquilo works and how beneficiary it is for your recovery, visit our technology page
How easy is it to use Aquilo?
Both our units (Power Portable and Power Trainer) are very convenient, easy to carry and use. Just connect the Aquilo Legs with one of the control units, add ice and water, press one button and offer yourself the best recovery experience you could ever have.
Information regarding the Aquilo recovery session
When and for how long should I use Aquilo?
The Aquilo system should be used after exercise, whether it is routine work out or high-level competition. We recommend using your Aquilo directly after training or race for a 15 to 20 minute recovery session. After a strenuous exercise during the day, a second recovery session before you go to sleep can improve your recovery even further.
How much ice is necessary for my session?
For a full 20 minute recovery session you only need 2kg of ice which you can easily prepare and store in your freezer with the ice trays that are provided by us along with your purchase of our system. Ice cubes are also readily available at most gas stations.
Is there a danger if I extend my Aquilo recovery session for more than the recommended time?
Improper or prolonged use of the system may result in physical harm, tissue damage, or frostbite. Recommended usage time is 15-20 minutes per day.
What kind of water should I use and does water temperature play any role?
Always use clean tap water and never pour hot water in the Aquilo system.
How long do the batteries of the Aquilo Power Portable last?
A fully charged battery will last for 2 hours allowing you to take the Aquilo system anywhere you want and recover without the need of electricity. Just connect the battery, press the button and relax.
What conditions should prevent me from using Aquilo?
You should not use Aquilo if you have an open wound or a skin condition, because of the direct contact with the Aquilo Legs.
Getting ready for your Aquilo recovery session
Is there something I should take care before and/or during my session?
- Prior to wearing the pants you may need to gently shake them out to ensure all of the air and static water have left the system
- If pants feel as though they are not flowing properly:
- Ensure that the connections between the pants and the controller are fully connected
- Remove pants with the system still connected and running and shake them out to facilitate the purging of air from the system
- Run your hands along the inside of the waist band and stretch it out to make sure there are no kinks in the tubing
- Run your hands along localized areas that are not receiving cooling and stretch the pants to ensure the water is flowing properly
- If water is accumulating in the controller unit, turn off the unit and contact our Customer Support at (email)
- If the pants start to leak, do not attempt to remove the pads or patch the hole. Turn off the unit and contact our Customer Support at (email)
Cleaning and Storing my Aquilo system
How do I clean the Aquilo system?
Aquilo Power Unit Cleaning Instructions
The reservoir can be cleaned with a mild detergent and water mixture.
The bag can be cleaned with a soft cloth or brush and a mild detergent and water mixture.
Pour one teaspoon (5ml) of algaecide into the reservoir during standard use to cleanse the system. Do this:
1. Every 20 uses for regular cleaning
2. When system is not in use for more than a month
3. Before system is to be stored for a long period of time
Aquilo Legs Cleaning Instructions
The pants should be hand washed with a mild detergent or antibacterial soap and cold water.
- Hang to dry
- DO NOT MACHINE WASH OR DRY
- Ensure pants are completely dry before storing in bag compartment
- Do not attempt to remove any of the pads from the pants
Where should I store my Aquilo system?
Avoid storing the system in very hot or freezing areas that are not well ventilated. Ideally try to maintain the following storage temperature conditions: 33°F – 120°F (1°C – 50°C).
What about the water that is stored inside the Aquilo Legs after my session?
If you are not planning on using the Aquilo Legs for more than a week, it would be better to drain them. In order to do so simply hang the suit upside down, connect the drain tubes and wait for about 5 minutes until all water is out. If you are using the suit regularly then there is no reason to drain at all.
Warnings and Precautions
Are there certain things I should not do that may result in system malfunction?
- Do not run the unit without the reservoir filled with ice and water
- Do not run the unit without the pants connected
- Do not operate the system with a damaged power cord or connector tubes
- Do not carry the unit by any of the connector tubes or power cords
- To avoid risk of electrical shock, unplug the power cord prior to emptying the system
What is the warranty on the Aquilo system?
We offer a 1 year limited warranty on ALL parts from any manufacturing defects. Warranty void if system is dismantled, tampered with, or misused. If you have any further questions or you need to report an issue please contact our Customer Support at +41-78-662-0866
Pricing and Payment options
What is included in the price?
In accordance with laws governing members of the European Union, VAT is charged on all orders delivered to destinations in member countries of the EU. Shipping cost is also included in the price for all orders placed from countries of the EU.
For dispatch to countries outside of the EU, Shipping cost is included but VAT will not be charged. These orders though are subject to import or custom fees that are borne by the recipient.
What are the payment options and when should I make the payment?
We accept all common methods of payment (PayPal, Credit Card) and each payment should be made upon ordering through our online web shop.
Shipment and delivery times
Where do you ship?
We ship to all the member countries/states of EU, EFTA via our web shop. For shipments to all other countries please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (we need to change the email)
What are your delivery times?
Once your order has been placed and approved, the estimated delivery time within EU and Switzerland is between 1 to 3 working days.
What is the best way for me to provide feedback about my experience with Aquilo?
Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us for any questions or comments. You may also call us at +41-78-662-0866